Vivace Productions Covid-19 2021 Policies
Vivace Productions is following the latest COVID protocols, as well as requirements from the Universities and will continue to update “best practices” as new information from the CDC becomes available.
If mask wearing is a physical difficulty for you, we are sorry, but you will not be able to participate this year. The George N. Parks Drum Major Academy is accepting students to participate in one of their virtual workshops.
You will be required to agree to these measures in order to provide health and safety to those around you. Failure to abide by these rules will be treated as any other broken rule at Vivace camps, which results in your being dismissed without a refund.
Certification of negative COVID status
At registration on the first day of your workshop, each student will provide:
- A negative COVID test done within 72 hours of your arrival
- If you arrive at registration on the first day without proof of a negative test, you will be invited to get a rapid COVID test done locally and return to registration.
- Once you have done your test, you must self-quarantine at home until you arrive at Vivace Camps.
- Staff will also check temperatures and require a Covid-19 Questionnaire prior to Registration
- No parents will be allowed in the Dormitories during check-in. Vivace CLIP staff will be available for assistance in moving in.
- Staff will check temperatures before each morning and evening session.
- Students with a temperature of 99.5 will be checked again in 10 minutes.
- A student with a temperature that remains 100.0 or above will be quarantined in the dorm with a staff member nearby. If the temperature remains elevated, the student will need to be picked up by a family member. This is NOT a punishment. It’s just a matter of health and safety. In the case of illness requiring a student to leave, Vivace Productions will offer a partial refund based on the day of departure.
All participants, both students and staff, will wear masks covering their nose and mouth ANY time they are out of their rooms.
Exception to the mask rule:
- Actively eating or drinking while stationary.
- Showering, toothbrushing
Acceptable masks must:
- Cover the nose and mouth
- Have no vents or openings
- Not be gaitors or scarves
- Hook behind the ears or behind the head
- Be either reusable cloth or disposables. Bring several!
- Students will be placed in lecture halls, classrooms, outdoor settings, and meals at the distance required by the CDC.
- To allow for relaxed meal breaks, students will be dismissed in groups to allow for social distancing in the dining halls. We will follow best practices for meal service as required by each host campus.
- We know you all love to support each other. We’ll need to find creative, non-touching ways to do that this year in order to keep everyone safe. No hugging or handshakes!
- BRING YOUR OWN HAND SANITIZER
- Vivace Productions will also have hand sanitizer but BRING YOUR OWN to be sure you always have it at your disposal!
- BRING YOUR OWN TWO WATER BOTTLES
- You will need to fill your water bottles before each session
- Vivace productions will also provide water at each outdoor site, but will need to have staff dispense water to each individual who will stand in a socially distanced line.
These rules make it possible to meet together this summer. They are health and safety measures. Without them we can’t meet safely. Let’s embrace them so that next year we can see some more normalcy.